What healthy products do you love to have on hand in your kitchen? Here are a few of mine that I feel good about eating:
Strawberry spread without added sugars or HFCS (I try to not buy stuff with high fructose corn syrup, but it's not something we have blacklisted at our house) and real maple syrup - my kids love both.

We go through tons of peanut butter! Before we eliminated partially hydrogenated oil (trans fat) from our diet, my kids would only eat Jif peanut butter. They love this Skippy now. It does have added sugar, but it is all natural and it doesn't need to be refrigerated or stirred.
A bowl of fruit - helps encourage my kids to make a healthy snack choice since it is already sitting out in view.
I use this oil blend in place of plain vegetable oil for most things. I can't tell the difference . . . pancakes, popcorn, chicken . . .
Bread crumbs from Whole Foods with NO hydrogentaed oil! I have to go to whole foods for this one, can't find any at the regular grocery store w/o trans fat.
Whole Wheat Pastry Flour for muffins, cookies, corn bread or any other baked goods.
I know - hot dogs! My 3 year old loves them and since I'm not going to feed her the ones with 26 grams of fat we go for these turkey dogs with 1 grams of fat instead. She loves them.
If I don't have time to whip up my own pancake mix, we use this whole wheat blend.
I hear this is healthier than regular table salt, I can't tell a difference.
My family won't go for 100% whole wheat pasta just yet, so we have switched to this multigrain pasta for now.
I love yogurt and oatmeal mixed for breakfast or a snack. 1 container of yogurt and 1/3 cup oats or oat blend.
I love this oat blend from Trader Joe's.
I try to keep bagged veggies in the fridge at eye level for the kids to grab a healthy treat!
Frozen and lightly salted Edamame (soy beans). Great thing to munch on watching tv instead of chips etc. I toss 'em in the microwave a few seconds and start popping them open.
My kids love these granola bars and I love the healthy ingredients.


We are working on starting to make our own wheat bread, but until we get it down my kids love this honey wheat with no HFCS added.

3 comments:
Good for you for making conscious food choices! "Whole wheat" is certainly becoming a marketing ploy so it's good to keep reading the ingredient lists!
For breads, I like getting the benefits of sprouted grain bread like Ezekial brand.
I really like your ideas of having healthy snacks like cut carrots at eye level for the kiddos to see. I am going to do that. Lots of great ideas Lisa, you are so Healthy :-)
Great post, Lisa! I love that hot cereal from Trader Joe's as well.
Edamame is a great snack and you reminded me... it's about time to introduce Mackenzie to it. Yay! :)
Love the fruits and veggies and maple syrup as well. <-- I wish it wasn't so expensive!
Post a Comment