This Chili is very Delicious! A good meal for a cold February night.
This Chili calls for Ground Turkey, but you could always make it without the meat. One thing I love about this Chili is that it has a lot of other Vegies in it, so it is still good without the meat.
Enjoy!!

Firehouse Turkey Chili
Adapted From Shape Magazine
This Chili calls for Ground Turkey, but you could always make it without the meat. One thing I love about this Chili is that it has a lot of other Vegies in it, so it is still good without the meat.
Enjoy!!

Firehouse Turkey Chili
Adapted From Shape Magazine
Ingredients:
-1 tablespoon olive oil-1 large clove garlic, smashed (I used 2 large cloves of garlic)
-1/2 cup chopped scallions (green onions)
-1/2 pound ground turkey (I used 1 pound of ground Turkey)
-2 tablespoons chili powder(I used only 1 Tablespoon and it was just perfect for our families taste)
-1 large can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
-(I also added one small can of V-8 juice for extra liquid)
-1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained (I used Organic canned Kidney Beans)
-1 medium red bell pepper, diced
-1 cup carrot, diced
-1/2 teaspoon brown sugar ( I put in 1/4 cup to make the chili not so hot)
-salt to taste
Directions:
*In a large saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Toss in garlic and all but 2 tablespoons of the scallions and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
*Add turkey and continue to cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in chili powder and cook for 1 more minute. Add tomatoes, kidney beans, bell pepper, carrot, brown sugar, and salt to taste. Bring to a boil over high heat.
*Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Divide among 4 bowls and garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons of scallions. Top with nonfat sour cream if desired. (I also served the Chili with Organic Corn Tortilla Chips, Kirkland brand from Costco)
*Add turkey and continue to cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in chili powder and cook for 1 more minute. Add tomatoes, kidney beans, bell pepper, carrot, brown sugar, and salt to taste. Bring to a boil over high heat.
*Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Divide among 4 bowls and garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons of scallions. Top with nonfat sour cream if desired. (I also served the Chili with Organic Corn Tortilla Chips, Kirkland brand from Costco)
Serves: 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 23 minutes
Nutrition Score per serving: 1 cup: 268 calories, 9 g fat (27% calories), 2 g saturated fat, 40 g carbs, 17 g protein, 11 g fiber, 106 mg calcium, 6 mg iron, 789 mg sodium
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 23 minutes
Nutrition Score per serving: 1 cup: 268 calories, 9 g fat (27% calories), 2 g saturated fat, 40 g carbs, 17 g protein, 11 g fiber, 106 mg calcium, 6 mg iron, 789 mg sodium
No comments:
Post a Comment