Notes:
1) Edamame is a type of soy bean. You should be able to find it at most grocery stores in the produce section.
2) There are no particular amounts in this recipe; it's all done to taste.
Ingredients:
Edamame
Mango
Corn
Red onion
Cilantro (very little is needed)
Coconut (optional; see variation)
Directions:
Put edamame in a bowl
Add diced up mango (which is a pain to peel and dice, I know, but it's taste contrasts perfectly with the edamame so it's really the key ingredient.)
Add diced up red onion
Add corn
Mix everything up and finish with a bit of cilantro on top
Variation:
Skip the red onion and cilantro
Add in some shredded coconut
2 comments:
The question, then... Does anyone know where to purchase edamame? Neither the local American grocery store, nor the Chinese grocery store, nor Whole Foods seems to carry any, at least at this time of year. Is it out of season?
I usually buy it frozen at Trader Joe's. I don't know about fresh though?
Post a Comment